Our 44-week Pharmacy Assistant diploma program develops the communication, teamwork and administrative skills needed to play an important role as part of any pharmacy team. You will study such topics as pharmacy calculations, human anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, aseptic techniques and compounding that will enable you to assist with administrative duties and educate patients on the proper usage of their medication. This program is available through in-campus, online and hybrid learning and includes a 240-hour externship where you will apply your skills and gain valuable experience and insight. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Fill orders under a pharmacist’s supervision.
- Communicate with patients to gather medical information.
- Assist with preparing, packaging and labelling prescription medications.
- Use pharmacy software to enter and print labels and instructions.
- Maintain records.
- Perform third-party billing and accept payment for prescriptions.
- Maintain proper drug storage.
- Perform quality assurance tasks.
- Compound pharmaceutical supplies.
- Measure pills, ointments and creams.
- Place orders for stock to maintain inventory.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Pharmacy Assistant diploma program prepares you to pursue a career path as a pharmacy assistant, dispensary assistant, pharmacist’s assistant, pharmacy technical assistant and more. Workplace environments include home health care facilities, hospitals, retail pharmacies, long-term care facilities, pharmaceutical manufacturers and more.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Pharmacy Assistant diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!