Our 44-week Medical Office Administrator diploma program develops the clinical, communication and software skills that will help you become a valued member of any administrative team. This program is now available through in-class, online live and online learning and includes a 240-hour externship that gives you hands-on experience you can put directly on your resume. Pursue your career goals with confidence. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Greet patients and collect information regarding their case histories.
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments.
- Answer and direct phone calls and manage office correspondence.
- Direct lab reports to the appropriate medical professionals.
- Assist with completing insurance forms and documents when needed.
- Bill patient services to the Ministry of Health using your training in AbleMED and Accuro.
- Transcribe medical documents.
- Supervise and train staff in office procedures.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Medical Office Administrator diploma program prepares you for a career path as a medical office administrator, medical office assistant, medical secretary, medical billing specialist, medical transcriptionist and more. Workplace environments include hospitals, medical clinics, doctor’s offices, out-patient care centres, nursing facilities and diagnostic laboratories.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Medical Office Administrator diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!