Play a vital role in helping patients look and feel their best with our Intra-Oral Dental Assistant diploma program. You will develop the skills in dental medicine, communication and chairside support to prepare patients for appointments and assist dentists during procedures. A 150-hour externship lets you apply your skills and knowledge in a real-world work environment, gaining invaluable confidence and insight. Upon successful graduation, you will be eligible to sit for the National Dental Assistants Examining Board (NDAEB) certification examination. This certification assures prospective employers that you have met the requirements to perform your duties as an intra-oral dental assistant. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Assist dentists during procedures and anticipate his or her needs to efficiently deliver instruments and materials.
- Sterilize, prepare and set up dental equipment and materials.
- Take and process x-rays.
- Take dental impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts.
- Polish crowns and apply fluoride treatments.
- Apply dental dams, pit and fissure sealants, desensitizing agents and topical anesthetics.
- Collect and update patient health histories.
- Educate patients on proper oral care following procedures or surgery.
- Perform such office and administrative tasks as scheduling appointments, greeting clients, answering phones, monitoring inventory and managing billing and payment.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Intra-Oral Dental Assistant diploma program prepares you to pursue a career path as an intra-oral dental assistant, dental assistant, preventative dental assistant, dental receptionist and more. Workplace environments includes dental clinics, private practices, specialized dentistry clinics, university clinics, dental supply companies and public health centres.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Intra-Oral Dental Assistant diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!