Our 50-week Community Service Worker diploma program develops the communication, organizational and clerical skills needed to advocate for individuals by connecting them with services and resources they need to thrive. Our program includes a 400-hour externship where you will apply your skills in a field-related environment, giving you the experience and insight needed to pursue a career with confidence. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to apply for the Certified Community Service Worker (CCSW) certificate issued by the Canadian Council of Professional Certification. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Interview clients to gather background information and identify the assistance they require.
- Locate the programs and services that will address those needs, such as legal help, medical attention, financial assistance, social assistance, housing and employment.
- Apply your knowledge of how clients are affected by family dynamics as well as social, psychological and other influences.
- Work as an intermediary with your clients’ social service and health care providers.
- Intervene in crisis situations.
- Perform such duties as creating case reports, tracking client progress providing support and counselling to encourage their ongoing well-being.
- And more.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Community Service Worker diploma program prepares you to pursue a career path as an intake worker, community support worker, rehabilitation care worker, residential counsellor, addictions worker and more. Workplace environments include community agencies, public and private school boards, community centres, residential facilities, addiction treatment centres, immigration services and youth group homes.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Community Service Worker diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!