Our 27-week Personal Support Worker certificate program prepares you to provide compassionate care and companionship to clients who are recovering from illness or injury, chronically ill or disabled. The need for personal support workers in Ontario remains strong, making it a high-demand career path with a promising future. Our program is now available through in-campus, online live and online learning and includes a 300-hour externship that builds experience, confidence and insight. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Provide the supportive, physical, and psycho-social needs of the persons in your care.
- Assist clients with such everyday activities as bathing, grooming, household management, meal preparation, light housekeeping and more.
- Apply the knowledge you have gained through your courses in PSW Foundations, Nutrition, Care Planning, Mental Health Issues, Body Systems and more.
- Assist with mobility.
- Change non-sterile dressings.
- Help with administering medications.
- Collect specimens under the direction of a supervisor or nurse.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Personal Support Worker certificate program prepares you to pursue a career path as a personal support worker, personal care attendant, live-in caregiver, residential support worker, personal aide, respite worker and more Workplace environments include long-term care environments, hospitals, palliative care centres, group home, private residential facilities and client homes.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Personal Support Worker certificate program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!