Our 55-week Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant diploma program develops the analytical, communication and critical thinking skills needed to become a valued member of any medical laboratory environment. This program is now available through in-class and hybrid learning and includes a 300-hour externship that helps build experience, confidence and insight. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to write the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO) and Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) certification exams. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Collect and log blood, tissue and other samples from patients and prepare samples for testing.
- Conduct routine lab tests and run diagnostic tests.
- Set up, sanitize, operate and perform quality assurance of laboratory equipment.
- Do blood group, type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
- Safely handle and store chemicals and other materials.
- Perform administrative tasks, including maintaining records and notes, documenting procedures, preparing orders and processing invoices.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Graduates of our program will be prepared to pursue a career path as a laboratory assistant, lab technician, research laboratory technician and more. Workplace environments include private diagnostic testing labs, community clinics, biotech companies, private laboratories, hospitals and research labs.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!