Prepare for a rewarding career path in the healthcare sector with our 55-week Physiotherapy Assistant diploma program. Through a combination of theory and practical training, you will develop the skills and foundational knowledge to assist physiotherapists during treatments. Our program includes an 8-week clinical placement where you will apply your skills and gain valuable experience and insight. Pursue a career with total confidence! Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Assist in providing physiotherapy services under the direction and supervision of a registered/licensed physiotherapist.
- Assist with mobility and strengthening exercises, walking programs and other activities as directed by the physiotherapist.
- Ensure that all services are delivered safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of client-centred care.
- Assist clients in dressing and toilet needs as required in preparation for and following rehabilitative treatment.
- Assist with transport, transfers and positioning as required.
- Demonstrate the safe use of prescribed treatments / adaptive devices such as braces, wheelchairs and walkers and more.
- Clean and maintain equipment and report any malfunctions to the appropriate staff.
- Monitor a client’s responses and status during treatments and report any concerns to the physiotherapist in charge.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Prepare to pursue a career path as a rehabilitation and/or physiotherapy assistant in such workplace environments as retirement homes, private clinics, sports clinics, long-term home care, emergency departments and more.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Physiotherapy Assistant diploma program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!