Our 21-week Fitness and Health certificate program develops the skills and knowledge needed to help your clients achieve their goals of leading fitter, healthier lives. Throughout the program, you will make weekly visits to our partner gyms to apply the practical components of the program under the supervision of our fitness and health instructor. This program is now available through in-class and hybrid learning. Contact us today to learn more!
Throughout the program, you will learn to:
- Learn to assess the physical fitness, activity level and lifestyle of each client and build an individualized exercise program.
- Provide instruction in the correct techniques for executing fitness and training programs.
- Lead small group exercise sessions.
- Design, develop and deliver social/recreational programs.
- Support and advocate for active healthy living in the community.
- Provide positive support, motivation and encouragement to clients and encourage them in their efforts to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Educate clients on proper nutrition.
- Oversee bulletin boards, posters, member incentive programs and newsletters.
Explore a range of career and workplace options
Our Health and Fitness certificate program prepares you to pursue a career path as a personal trainer, health and wellness coach, fitness consultant, group fitness trainer, senior fitness instructor and more. Workplace environments include commercial fitness facilities, YMCA/YWCA, recreational facilities, university and college recreational departments and public health departments.
Interested in learning more? Take the next step!
Get in touch with Medix College today. We are here to answer your any questions you may have about our Health and Fitness certificate program, including the enrolment process, admissions requirements, financing options and more. Reach your career goals with Medix College!